Sunday, January 27, 2013

PERSONAL INTRODUCTION AND REFLECTION

By Matt Stone QHCusa 2013


INTRODUCTION AND REFLECTION
Hello, I am Matt Stone; my career back ground is within the consumer services industry and after a fruitful 30 years serving others in the areas of team building, corporate partnerships and advanced corporate sales management, in 2003, I decided a career change was needed so I chose healthcare. For the first time decades without any college, in 2003, I enrolled at Boise State University, Go Broncos!  I earned my BS in Health Informatics and Health Information Management. When I graduated in 2008, I found that in order to be competitive in the Healthcare market I decided to enroll at Walden University for my master’s degree in Healthcare Administration and completed this journey in 2011. After a wonderful experience and further to be competitive I am currently seeking my doctoral degree in Health Services with a concentration in Health Education and Advocacy and Leadership where my focus is specializing under four domains, Health Education and Community Advocacy, Public Campaigns for Health Promotion and Education, Organizing Community Action for Health Promotion and Education, Health Promotion and Interventions in Diverse Populations.
The purpose to pursue this area of focus is to be competitive with in this area of Health Services, where 2-4 percent of health professionals hold this degree. My passion for my dissertation path and further career is in the area of personal development to include leadership and community development.  In particular, scientific research aimed at how we as health professionals can bridge the gap between leadership efficiencies at the nonprofit sector and the relationship between personal developments with regard to burden and stress among the growing 60 + million family caregivers who care for the 161 million chronically ill populations across the U.S. health delivery system, specifically, aimed at the 450,000 Multiple Sclerosis (MS) population.
What I consider to accomplish as an online scholarly learner, is to hone in on learning efficiencies aimed at strategies for organizational planning, time management and effective technology use, specifically, to build upon how to develop a culture of quality of life through free public services for personal and organizational development. This is accomplished through an innovative and comprehensive learning framework that both educate and guide individuals to visualize and initiate global health initiatives at institutional, regional and national levels where I have developed consulting services for this purpose and will measure this with my dissertation path an on line learning environment that I have created for this purpose. One may visualizes this dissertation framework located for review at www.QHCusa.org which is a future nonprofit organization that I have tailored titled, QualityHealthCareusa-QHCusa.org.
Although there may be many strategies to consider as strategic is planning, time management, studying, and effective technology use.  This research is focused on the health belief model theories that are cohesive to the domain areas of my particular specializations in human health behaviors for a positive health related quality of life. This is the start of the research planning phase specifically, for health promotion for quality health education and interventions programs for diverse populations and the approach to community and global interventions for quality of life.
These planning stages include, continuous and in-depth knowledge within the areas of organizing community action, community mobilization, community organization, community participACTION, community development and expertise within the community empowerment theories which is the social action processes for social change in how to lead individuals that may gain advantages and mastery over their own health lives and planning for efficient ways to lead the way in how to change health behaviors within the social and political environments.
Time management, studying, and effective use of technology is one in the same for me personally, where I utilize a time charter to keep myself on the path for my personal growth through this doctoral path which is not only demanding, but requires a stick-to-itiveness approach to gain the essential skills needed for the specialization of my Health Services path. Studying is the core for me, where I spend about 6 to 9 hours a day and 7 days a week conducting literature review research to gain maximum knowledge in the area of my study focus. This is linked to the technology environment and is essential to becoming grounded in the data to streamline the research gaps worthy for my dissertation topic.
The three University outcomes that I believe are particularly relevant to my health studies at Walden University and that is essential to my goals, development and as a scholar-practitioner is engaging in all the written literature of all discussion post and responses from my peers. This is critical to the processes of on line learning from each scholarly peer here at Walden University. My experience on this journey has been highly influenced from course peers; especially, to the nature of diverse career experiences and references that each contributes to the PhD courses.
The second is the vast resources available at Walden University, specifically, the online data base library and access to the many peer review literature at a mouse click away. And finally, virtual communication skills which is overlooked at times and the importance in terms of healthy communication and dialog within an online environment and especially, when exposed to a diverse environment from each of us who are located across the globe and our unique patterns of interpretations and approach to health communication. These outcomes are relevant to the field of quality public health services and health communication and to the nature of how to enhance social change aimed at a culture of health interventions; strategic alignment and organizational development for leadership success across diverse populations.
These skills sets and beliefs will further help to consult and facilitate tailored virtual learning programs, design and the evaluation that will align a nonprofit workforce and leadership engagement aimed at performance management, mergers and reorganization methodologies.  More important, for personal engagement for a virtual learning framework that is tailored for a sound direction is built upon my research platform and QHCusa  mission vision and values purpose which is to demonstrate the power of social change through an innovative approach to free public services through virtual health education for quality of life.  Moreover, that will guide and  promote access to quality coping strategies aimed at burden and stress for the 161 million chronically ill populations, the 70 million elderly and the growing 60 million family caregivers who care for them.

Reference:
QualityHealthCareusa-QHCusa. (2012). Virtual learning for quality of life. Retrieved from www.QHCusa.org

No comments:

Post a Comment